To kick off 2017 in the right way, Jam Thieves are back with a new album on the legendary Playaz Recordings, after their phenomenal ‘Minimal Funk Project’ in 2016. This one will have you dancing off the excess christmas pounds in no time. More
Chronic Rollers returns for the third instalment of the Rollers series where you’ll find more upfront underground D&B mixed by L-Side
Chronic Rollers Vol.3 raises the bar yet again, delivering 21 of the finest cuts of dancefloor D&B. More
If you’re a full-on DnB purist you might not be aware of the major movements Youngman’s been making. I mean, you’re probably aware of his history of collaborating with artists like Skream & Benga, NVOY and Wilkinson, but there’s a lot more to know. As well as being a top tier vocalist, MC and host for our bass-heavy scene, he’s also a highly respected songwriter across genres, chalking up, among many others, credits on Britney Spears’ album. So, given those levels of versatility, this release comes loaded with high expectation.
VIPER’S ANNUAL D&B ALBUM, FEATURING 27 NEW TRACKS + 10 NEW EXCLUSIVES!
Drum & Bass Annual 2017 (Viper Presents)
Viper Recordings “Drum & Bass Annual 2017” album features 27 of Viper’s biggest hit singles from 2016, as well as 10 new unreleased tracks.
Featuring huge tracks from the likes of Matrix & Futurebound, Brookes Brothers, InsideInfo, Cyantific, The Prototypes, Calyx & Teebee, Jaguar Skills, Trei, Mob Tactics, and many more, the Annual is the perfect way to start off another banner year of Drum & Bass music. New exclusive unreleased tracks include new and established artists such as: Dossa & Locuzzed, North Base, Blaine Stranger, Halflight, The Voss & NC-17, Bluescreens, Living Plastic, Misfit, Michael Seary, and Full Kontakt & Ravager.
Viper Presents: Drum & Bass Annual 2017
Label: Viper Recordings
Genre: Drum & Bass
Released: 6th Jan. 2017
Buy or Stream: https://viper.lnk.to/annual2017
Available on iTunes for just £3.99 (€4.99 EU / $5.99 US)
Get it on iTunes
01. Matrix & Futurebound feat. Max Marshall – Fire
02. Brookes Brothers feat. Majesty – Good To Me
03. Dossa & Locuzzed feat. Tasha Baxter – Only Way
04. NCT feat. RAIGN – Give In
05. Killer Hertz – Prometheus
06. Jaguar Skills feat. Mind Vortex – The Riot Squad
07. Cyantific – OutaTime
08. Misfit – Capture Our Soul *
09. InsideInfo feat. Miss Trouble – Revolution
10. The Prototypes feat. Mad Hed City – Pop It Off (VIP Mix)
11. Original Sin – Red Mist
12. Blaine Stranger feat. Coppa – Rock With It
13. Mob Tactics – Get Dirty
14. Milli Major feat. Scrufizzer & Flirta D – Remember Me (Ekko & Sidetrack Remix)
15. Matrix & Futurebound – Scatterbrain
16. BMotion – Eutopia
17. Halflight – Communication Failure *
18. The Prototypes – Pale Blue Dot (Calyx & TeeBee Remix)
19. Insomniax – Uridium
20. Loko – What You Do To Me
21. North Base – Woman *
22. Michael Seary – Light It Up *
23. Full Kontakt & Ravager – Highlights *
24. Killer Hertz – All Out
25. Smooth – Eraser
26. Ekko & Sidetrack – Burgle
27. Cyantific – Under The Neon
28. Trei feat. The Upbeats – Tonto
29. Dossa & Locuzzed – Dude *
30. BMotion – Tekken
31. Sygnal feat. Nikki Sierra – Down
32. Dossa & Locuzzed – Bad
33. Bluescreens – Bullet *
34. Octo Pi feat. Modify Perspective – Pay Off
35. Blaine Stranger – By Your Side *
36. Living Plastic – Fresh *
37. The Voss & NC-17 – Mojave *
* New, exclusive unreleased track
Alex Prestige has a string of drum and bass hits to his name and now he brings that almighty force to the legendary Serial Killaz label with the ‘Insane People’ EP. Full of B Movie inspired samples and a combination of dancefloor smashers and head rocking beats, this EP will fit into any DJs virtual record box whatever their requirements.
‘Flea’ kicks off proceedings with its grungy bassline and simplistic beat structure that gels with the overall tune structure like Super Glue. It’s a relentless piece of jump up that rarely stops to give you a breather.
You have no doubt already heard ‘Way It Is’. It’s been almost impossible to get away from this tune over the last 3 months and to be honest, it’s had such a well deserved reception it’s no wonder why. With its DJ friendly intro and crushing swing beats it’s certainly a deadly weapon and will have crowds bouncing like nobody’s business.
‘Stressed Out’ takes a totally different approach with vintage oriental samples leading the way for a mere 20 seconds before crashing into a deadly drop of destruction. This one is certainly firing on all cylinders!
The title track of the EP ‘Insane People’ gives a false pretence of calm, building up with pads, and soft hi hats but that’s about as relaxing as it gets. When Alex Prestige makes a bonkers track he really does set his mind to it and this one is certainly no exception.
‘Injury’ has a similar build as ‘Insane People’ although leads into a totally different direction. Rather than crazy midrange bass lines, this one opts for growling, sliced bass notes, crunchy snares and haunting pads.
Don’t sleep on this, it’s a massive collection of brand new beats for your ear.
Words: Jamie S23